mercredi 6 mai 2009

Indulgences in Kuala Lumpur..



Facial at KLCC, KL, Malaisie..


One of the sheer pleasures of visiting KL (this is my fourth visit in one year, a lot considering I live 12 000 km away!)..is to be able to arrange sheer hedonistic pleasures for the body..

I am used to having Facials done in Paris, at Institut Scandinave d’Esthetique at Neuilly and I enjoy them whenever I can organize that. This one at Guinot at KLCC ( my second time there ) was special in that It was one of those very long sessions.. nearly 2 ½ hours in length.. which included facials of various types and then waxing using silk threads.. as well as firming of the face.. The Malay lady owner of the boutique was patient and gentle and in Malaysia the facial includes a massage of your neck which I really appreciated.. She was trained at the Guinot HQ in Paris…it was good to be reminded of Paris  a little bit.

A Cut Above is a salon in Bangsar Village II frequented by expatriates as well as Malaysians for their pedicure, manicure and hair dressings needs. This is the third time I am there and I had specially requested the manicurist GS, who in my opinion is the best Pedicurist. She would put to shame those petite Vietnamese girls who pretend to be professionals now scattered in small nail stores from Ottumwa to Ft Lauderdale!

The beauty of this place is that while GS attends to my feet, if you wish someone can attend to your hands. But I preferred the services of GS and during the two hours I was there.. from the beginning to end, she was with me, moving form one location to another, waiting patiently while hair was being shampooed and gotten ready for a cut.. The hair cut was by Fei Wen and it was good and quick and she was still attending to my finger nails when he was finishing his cut. Everything was done in a very pleasant, non cluttered way.. I enjoyed the two hours of pampering today.. during this very busy visit to KL…

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...