mardi 26 avril 2011

MINGALARBAR IN SIEM REAP.. DINNER ORGANIZED BY KO MAUNG MAUNG OF MANDALAY INN

KO Maung Maung and I have been friends ever since that distant day when Siem Reap did not have so many hotels and I wandered into his model hostelry in Sivatha Road. Since then I have enjoyed the hospitality of this very successful Burmese Hotelier. On my arrival after a very long trip, mainly to spend a couple of days with him, we went looking for dinner and he decided that the welcome dinner would be at :Thai Thai Restaurant.
As you can see it was a veritable feast, it was just the two of us eating!
Plah Kung Prawn Salad
Yam hoy Kraeng cockle salad with thai herbs
Kung Phad Nan Phik Sow Fried lobester in chili sauce
Phak Bung Fire Daeng Fried Morning glory
Plad Duk Phad cha Fried Spicy Catfish
Khieu Yiew ma ka pow krob Fried black pressed egg with crispy basil

we had a spirited conversation and i was falling asleep because of the long journey from Miami..
I am sure feasts such as will be continue during my stay here in his hotel, The Mandalay Inn in Siem Reap, Kingdom of Cambodia.

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...