vendredi 3 octobre 2014

THE NATURAL GENEROSITY OF CUBANS IN CUBA

I am preparing for Yom Kippur in Miami when I received this message from Cuba. I had sen an email detailing the unselfish sacrifice of 175 cuban medical professionals who would be going to Sierra Leone to help with the Ebola Crisis.


here is the message:
creo que la ayuda y voluntad de los cubanos en Sierra Leona es una verdadera misión, y siento mucho, mucho, mucho, no tener la oportunidad de poder ir, y hacer lo que realmente nos humaniza: el contacto con otros seres necesitados. Yo estaría muyorgullosa, realmente ogullosa, si fuera médico y pudiera ir, desde el fondo d emi corazón.
I believe that the help and willingness of the Cuban professionals in Sierra Leone is a true international mission. I feel very very much, sad in my heart, that I don't have the opportunity to go and do what actually makes us feel more human: to be in touch with people who are in real need. I would be very proud, really really proud, if I were a doctor and could go, I say this from the bottom of the heart.

The writer is a woman, aged 29, a mother and pregnant, and a leading Psychologist in Baracoa, Cuba.

You cannot imagine how it warmed my heart! I think of it as a great privilege to have lived in Cuba and continue to be a Professor there to understand the sentiments of Cubans. While in Miami, the press and the ignoramus are vitriolic about the restrictions of "freedom", I wonder how many MIAMI doctors including of cuban descent would be willing to go to Sierra Leone?
(PS Miami doctors usually with Cuban sounding surnames have one the highest rates of Medical Fraud in the USA)

SAME PEOPLE, SAME LANGUAGE, CUBANS IN THE ISLAND WITH SENSE OF HUMANISM AND SACRIFICE FOR OTHERS, ON THIS SIDE OF THE NARROW OCEAN, CUBANS IN MIAMI KNOW VERY WELL HOW TO LOOK AFTER THEMSELVES ! and some of them get caught!

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...