vendredi 18 mars 2016

DOUBLE TREE BY HILTON IN KUALA LUMPUR: MY HOME IN KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA

The idea of a "home" has always a vague idea to me, but because of my wanderings, the question where my home is ? is a frequent question I have to face. My way of dressing, as if to purposely confuse people, a man approached me just two days ago, wanting to know which part of Tamil Nadu I could be from as he was convinced that I had just recently arrived from Tamil Nadu. he was very disappointed to learn my lack of connection to Tamil Nadu and became silent.
Cuba feels home but I have to mention that Miami has been present in my life for a sizable portion of it.
So it not where my home is, but where I feel comfortable being and in Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia it is certainly the Double Tree Hotel by Hilton near Jalan Ismail within walking distance to the KLCC, and especially its Executive Lounge at Floor 34!
On this visit, after a two year absence, it was as if nothing has happened. I recognized some of the workers and vice versa and made some new friends.
 Jumawati, an old friend 
Effervescent Khairiah, a new friend. she used to work for MH and her international exposure is evident 
I appreciate a glass of wine offered with finger foods and tapas in the early evenings
 a tasty breakfast for me, fish, rice, eggs and chili sauce with some nice coffee from the machine
 there are always asian food alternatives to the ubiquitous common western food such as baked beans, scrambled eggs, fried tomatos or potato (which I dont eat even when I am in Europe or USA)
 occasionally there is smoked salmon
view of the night lights of Kuala Lumpur from the Lounge.
 A very obliging Shafril, an old friend 
pleasant Hafiz, an old friend 
and I did make some new friends, one of whom is a student at a Hospitality School doing her practicum here, Pei Xuan
THANK YOU MY DEAR FRIENDS FOR MAKING MY STAY SO PLEASANT.
Before leaving for London tomorrow, I will make reservations for my next visit at the end of May when I will be accompanied by two Omaha Indian colleagues.

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...