dimanche 27 mars 2016

PURIM IN LA HABANA, JOY OF PURIM FROM COCHIN

 The Purim  greetings I fondly recollect was the one my younger brother Ricardo sent me from Jerusalem in 2009. Two young orthodox Jewish children were dressed in Arab costumes of the Ottoman era
This year, as the Globalization and march of technology proceeds at a rapid pace, I received two Purim cards, the above one from La Habana, Cuba
The second one was sent to me by my historian colleague Prof K of Kerala..
The joy of many Jewish children in Brussels and Belgium and Paris and France was marred by what happened in Brussels just the day before Erev Purim..

we do say 
La shanah Haba ah b yerushalayim
Perhaps next Purim, we should all meet in Yerushalayim!

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...