lundi 4 septembre 2017

SOHEIL NAFISI, AHMAD SHAMLOO AND SOME SWEET MEMORIES

I am in Quiberon, Brittany, France where the night has fallen and the rain gone into hiding and the cote sauvage or the wild coast back to its unrelenting rhythm.
tomorrow I leave for Brussels. In the last two weeks, I have been in Doha, Qatar; Casablanca, Morocco, Siem Reap, Cambodia and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Departures are always nostalgic, bring back some sweet memory or other 

While looking through some old files, I came across a video of Soheil Nafisi singing one of Shamloo's poems. I felt a sharp tinge of nostalgia and thought very fondly of the person who introduced me to both Nafisi and Shamloo..

AND HERE IT IS, ENJOY THE VOICE OF SOHEIL NAFISI..

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...